E-learing become popular. Student can choose appropriate programs and learning style. They cant be passive. In e-learing is very important collobration. E-learing helps grown students indepedencies to make choices and social skills.
One of the common e-learing trend that people who intrest something can work to togehter. If a student cares about something--if they have a passion for something--they can learn about it and they can actually produce work in the field and become a contributing part of that community.” (Hargadon 2008) The main thing is people cant be anymore passive. All people should make collobration.
Martin Weller believe that in the future have un-structured e-learning content managment systems. She belive the walled garden of the VLE provides a "trusted brand" (as Grainne Conole discussed at OpenLearn2007) which is very attractive to students. Otherwise, why would they want to pay us £3k a year for tuition - and then use Google?”
Most important things what I learned about was theorys for online learning. Which on students are in e-learing, how they behave there and how to teach them.
I don't agree with the statement that students can't be passive in e-learning. I tend to think that most of the e-learning courses are designed based on traditional pedagogical approaches, which means that students are very often rather passive. The easiest way is to put classroom setting into an online environment and keep teaching in the same way. But I think it is about time to think of learning and students instead of teaching.
ReplyDeletei agree that collaboration is an important part, but I would consider interaction even more crucial. Interaction between students, students and teachers, students and material, etc. is one of the key points in online or distance learning...
Cheers,
Terje